Nov 28, 2010

Pia of UR-STYLE


Pia of UR-Style's mission is to walk around campus at the University of Regensburg and take photos of stylish students. This week, her mission also includes celebrating her birthday: Pia turned 24 the day before yeserday. :)

Follow the jump below to congratulate her and find out about upcoming trips to unis in foreign countries, the "fashion prison" also known as working world, and a couple of style blog recommendations...




What's your name, how old are you, and what do you do for a living (or all day, for that matter)?

Hei! My name is Pia, I am 24 and I'm a student of Media Science, Media IT and German Language and literature studies. I also blog... ;)

How long have you been blogging? How did you get around to blogging?

I've been blogging since April this year. I started, because I saw so many kewl looking people around uni. I thought a student style blog would be something different and new.

What's your blog called and why?

My blog is called www.ur-style.de which means both University Regensburg Style, but also your style (another funny interpretation of UR in Germany would be prototype-Style ;)).

What are you blogging about? Why?

I take photos of students and ask them a couple of questions. So far I've been doing that at my home university in Regensburg, Germany, but soon I will also portray people from other unis. In August, for example, I went to Helsinki, and more trips are planned. I wanted to show that there's kewl style everywhere. At uni especially you get to demonstrate your individual taste like never again in later life. As soon as you entered the „fashion prison“ of the working world, almost all freedom to choose is gone... That's why I believe that living your original style at you is very important. People who do deserve praise and need to be seen and that's why I blog about them.

Who's your target audience?

My readers are mostly students, I suppose, but of course all other people interested in fashion and style are welcome. I'm happy about anyone who visits.

Who designed your blog? How much was that? In case you designed your own layout: Where did you learn how to?

Currently I blog on Wordpress using their themes (which I can recommend for beginners, as they'll make your blog look very decent immediately), sometime soon I'm hoping to switch to my own kewl design, though.

Which software and which host do you use? Can you recommend them?

Like I said, Wordpress… And ur-style.de is hosted with www.ckras.com, that I can recommend a lot. Fast, good service!

What role play photos, MP3-files or video clips on your blog? If you use them, would you mind showing us one?

The photos of my student models play the leading role, pretty much...


How many readers do you have? How many would you like to have? Does their number matter to you at all?

Considering I don't advertise my blog, I get quite a few visits each day (proudlook), especially considering my relatively small "patch": Around 150 to 200 each day. Of course I'd like to get more, it's always nice to know that other people like what I do. So, if you like it, please take a look and subscribe to my feed. ;)

Can you learn how to blog? Do you need to know a lot about computers? Do you have any advice for beginners?

If you've got a topic that will move people, you can blog about anything. Computer affinity wouldn't hurt, but thanks to Wordpress and Blogspot you don't need to be a hacker at all. My advice... just try it!

Have you made negative experiences with blogging, too? What kind?

Nah, as yet everyone I took a picture of was happy to be photographed. ;)

And have you ever made money through your blog? If yes, how so?

Not really so far. I was able to sell a couple of my stories to local press, but these occasions are rare still. Most commercial blogs receive their funding from advertising or agencies, and I haven't decided yet whether that's something I'd like to do. You're always more dependent when you blog for money. So far I've been enjoying my freedom a lot, but who knows, maybe I'll want to make money like that one day, never say never. I have been meeting so many interesting people through my blog, though. That alone is worth so much.

Do you use twitter, too? Why (not)? What pros and cons do you see when it comes to twitter?

I don't use Twitter, as I don't find it that useful for what I do. That's because on my blog photos are more important than text.

Which other female bloggers can you recommend? Why?

In fashion and style:
Mannequindevitrine http://mannequindevitrine.blogspot.com, a "blog buddy" of mine who also studies in Regensburg. Why? Local Heroine ;) Interesting features and cool current trends, worldly.

Or Windcriesamy http://windcriesamy.blogspot.com/ from Munich. Why? There's a freshness about that blog that I enjoy.

Artsy stuff and lifestyle: Daydate http://daydate.blogspot.com/. Why? Great looking blog, great photos, great stuff, great style all over.


* Und hier das Originalinterview auf Deutsch *
Wie heißt Du, wie alt bist Du, was machst Du beruflich (oder sonst den ganzen Tag)?
Hei! Ich heiße Pia, bin 23 und studiere Medienwissenschaften, Medieninformatik und Germanistik, und blogge… ;)

Seit wann bloggst Du? Wie bist Du darauf gekommen?
Ich blogge seit April 2010 und angefangen damit habe ich, weil ich ständig so viele kewl gestylte Leute an der Uni sehe und dachte, dass ein Studenten-Style-Blog mal was neues und anderes wäre…

Wie heißt Dein Blog und warum?
Mein Blog heisst www.ur-style.de, was man als University Regensburg Style, your style lesen und verstehen kann (eine witzige Deutung war auch der UR-Style ;))

Worüber bloggst Du? Weshalb?
Ich fotografiere und befrage Studenten aus meiner Heimat-Uni und demnächst auch anderen Unis (im August war ich in Helsinki und weitere Reisen sind geplant) zu ihrem abgefahrenen Style. Ich wollte zeigen, dass überall kewler Style zu finden ist und grade an der Uni kann man seinen Style so individuell zeigen wie sonst nie wieder. Wenn man im „Stylegefängnis“ des Jobs ist, dann ist es mit der Freiheit relativ vorbei…ich finde daher, dass grade an den Unis Style noch am originalsten und originellsten ausgelebt werden kann und soll. Das muss man loben und natürlich zeigen und deswegen blogge ich drüber…

Wer ist Deine Zielgruppe?
Überwiegend denke ich, lesen mich Studenten, aber es sind natürlich auch alle anderen Style und Fashioninteressierten willkommen…freu mich über jeden der reinschaut…

Wer hat Deinen Blog designt? Was hat das gekostet? Falls Du das Layout selbst erstellt hast: Wo hast Du gelernt, wie das geht?
Ich benutze Wordpress mit Themes (was ich zum einstiegs-bloggen nur empfehlen kann, da man sehr schnell zu einem schönen und übersichtlichen Blog kommt), möchte aber hoffentlich bald eine kewle eigene Kreation von mir im Netz stehen haben.

Welche Software und welchen Host benutzt Du? Kannst Du die weiterempfehlen?
Wie gesagt, Wordpress… gehostet ist ur-style.de bei www.ckras.com, die ich nur empfehlen kann. Schneller guter Service!

Welche Rolle spielen Fotos, MP3-Dateien und Videoclips auf Deinem Blog? Kannst Du uns ein Bild, das Du gepostet hast und gerne magst, zeigen?
Die Fotos meiner Studi-Models spielen sozusagen die Hauptrolle…

Wieviele Leser hast Du? Wieviele hättest Du gerne? Ist das überhaupt wichtig für Dich?
Dafür dass ich keine Werbung mache eigentlich recht viele (stolzbin) für mein sozusagen „kleines Einzugsgebiet“ ;), zwischen 150-200 am Tag… Ich hätte natürlich immer gern mehr Leser, da man sich ja auch freut, wenn anderen die eigene Arbeit gefällt… Also fleissig reinschauen und abonnieren, wenns euch gefällt…

Kann man bloggen lernen? Muss man viel über Computer wissen? Hast Du ein paar gute Tipps?
Wenn man ein Thema hat, das Menschen bewegt, kann man über alles bloggen. Denke, Computeraffinität schadet nicht, man muss aber auch nicht der volle Hacker sein, dank Wordpress oder blogspot und so… Tipp…einfach ausprobieren!

Hast Du mit dem Bloggen auch schon negative Erfahrungen gemacht? Welcher Art?
Eigentlich nicht, bisher haben sich alle gefreut, die ich schick gekleidet fotografiert habe ;)

Und hast Du mit Deinem Blog auch schon Geld verdient? Wenn ja, wie?
Noch nicht wirklich. Habe zwar schon mal ein paar Storys über meine Projekte an die Lokale Presse verkauft, aber sowas ist eher selten. Die meisten kommerziellen Blogs finanzieren sich ja über Werbung oder Agenturen, aber ich weiss noch nicht ob ich das wirklich möchte, da Geld immer abhängig macht vom Geldgeber. Im Moment geniesse ich noch meine Freiheit, aber mal sehen, never say never. Ich komme aber vor allem in Kontakt mit vielen sehr kewlen Leuten und das ist auch schon sehr viel wert…

Benutzt Du auch twitter? Warum (nicht)? Worin siehst Du die Vor- und Nachteile von twitter?
Twitter benutze ich nicht, da ich es nicht wirklich sinnvoll finde für meinen Bereich, dadurch dass meine Fotos im Mittelpunkt stehen und nicht Text.

Welche(n) anderen frauengeführten Blogs kannst Du empfehlen? Warum?
Aus der Fashion und Style - Welt:
Kewl finde ich Mannequindevitrine http://mannequindevitrine.blogspot.com, das ist
eine „bloggerkollegin“ die auch in Regensburg studiert. Warum? Local Heroine. ;)
Interessante Reportagen und immer aktuelle und kewle Trends am Start , in der Welt zu
Hause…

Oder Windcriesamy http://windcriesamy.blogspot.com/ aus München. Warum? Hat so eine
frische Leichtigkeit, die mir irgendwie Spass macht…

Künstlerisches und lifestyle: Daydate http://daydate.blogspot.com/. Warum? Tolles „Blog-Outfit“ -Tolle Fotos, tolle Sachen, guter Style…

No comments:

Post a Comment