Mar 29, 2011

Samira Frassa

On her blog Ein Leben als Moderatorin, Samira Frassa lets us in on her life as "Germany's youngest TV presenter". From videos of introductory moderations to looks behind the scenes and blogger meetings, almost every step of her experience has been lovingly documented.

Follow the jump below to find out more about Samira, her attitude and favourite blogs - one of which is edited by a reader of hers!



What's your name, how old are you, and what do you do for a living (or all day, for that matter)?

Hey, my name is Samira, my friends call me Sammy, I am 15 years old and have been working as a TV presenter for three years. I'm also still a student, of course.

How long have you been blogging? How did you get around to blogging?

I've been blogging for around a year. I was inspired by the blog "Style Rookie". I think it was InStyle where I read something about its creator Tavie. I was thrilled right away and wanted to do something similar.

What's your blog called and why?

My blog is called "Ein Leben Als Moderatorin" ["Life as a TV presenter"]. At the time I would have preferred a hipper and shorter blog name, but I wanted everyone to know what to expect on my blog straight away. So I opted for the one I have.

What are you blogging about? Why?

In magazines, people refer to me as "the youngest TV presenter in Germany", and I have noticed that people are interested in what working in TV is like. So I just blog about my life. Plus, I'm quite the fashion freak, so I add some of that every now and then. ;-)

Who's your target audience?

Well, age-wise I have no idea. Generally, though, my readers are people interested in something different and what's going on behind the scenes in media.

Who designed your blog? How much was that? In case you designed your own layout: Where did you learn how to?

I designed my blog myself, which means it was free. I think you don't need to know much about computers for that, perhaps some HTML (which I learned at school).

Which software and which host do you use? Can you recommend them?

My blog host is Blogger and I like it very much.

What role play photos, MP3-files or video clips on your blog? If you use them, would you mind showing us one?

Sometimes I post videos of my shows, because I get lots of emails from people who like to watch those. They're also available via www.dance24.tv. Other than that, each of my posts is accompanied by at least one visual.

How many readers do you have? How many would you like to have? Does their number matter to you at all?

I have 287 subscribers following me and have been happy about that. I like to see several thousand people visiting my blog each day. That's more important, and I love it when they decide to not only read, but also subscribe! That's the best feedback!

Can you learn how to blog? Do you need to know a lot about computers? Do you have any advice for beginners?

There's no need to learn how to blog! We all have our different ideas of what blogging should be, and that's what's good about it. It would be very boring if all blogs were alike! You should just know your way around the Internet a little, but I guess that wouldn't be a problem once you're contemplating writing your own blog.

Have you made negative experiences with blogging, too? What kind?

Luckily I haven't! Thank God I've been spared nasty comments so far. IMHO, though, people who do that should find something better to do!

And have you ever made money through your blog? If yes, how so?

Yes, with ads I have managed to earn cash before. Also, some companies like to send me products to raffle amongst my readers every now and then.

Do you use twitter, too? Why (not)? What pros and cons do you see when it comes to twitter?

Yes! I used to be on Twitter even before I had my own blog. Some girl on YouTube once mentioned it and made me want to try it immediately! Unfortunately I have been using Facebook much more recently, and tweeting the same stuff would feel redundant. :D

Which other female bloggers can you recommend? Why?

Naturally, there are the famous ones like chic und schlau (http://chic-und-schlau.ch/), fashiontoast (http://www.fashiontoast.com/), fashionmonger (http://fashioonmonger.blogspot.com/) oder fashionhippieloves (http://fashionhippieloves.blogspot.com/). I love them, but I also like a blog edited by one of my readers. It's called Discovery of the Unknown (http://discoveryoftheunknown.blogspot.com/) and she posts the most beautiful photos!


* Und hier das Originalinterview auf Deutsch *
Wie heißt Du, wie alt bist Du, was machst Du beruflich (oder sonst den ganzen Tag)?
Hey ich heiße Samira, von meinen Freunden werde ich auch Sammy genannt, bin 15 Jahre alt und arbeite seid 3 Jahren als Moderatorin und bin natürlich auch noch Schülerin.

Seit wann bloggst Du? Wie bist Du darauf gekommen?
Ich blogge seid gut einem Jahr, und wurde eigentlich von dem Blog "Style Rookie" inspiriert einen zu machen. Ich habe in der Instyle, glaub ich, über Tavie gelesen und war total begeistert. Sowas wollte ich auch machen.

Wie heißt Dein Blog und warum?
Mein Blog heißt "Ein Leben Als Moderatorin", eigentlich wollte ich einen cooleren und kürzeren Blognamen haben, aber ich wollte, dass die Leute genau wissen was auf sie zu kommt wenn sie sich entscheiden auf mein Blog zu gehen. Da habe ich mich einfach entschieden meinen Blognamen so zu wählen, dass es passt.

Worüber bloggst Du? Weshalb?
Da ich oft in Zeitungen als "die jüngste Moderatorin Deutschlands" genannt werde, und gemerkt habe, dass es die Leute interessiert wie es so ist beim Fernsehen zu arbeiten blogge ich ganz einfach über mein Leben. Ich bin aber auch eine totale "Fashionfanatikerin" und lass deshalb auch das Thema "Mode" nicht ganz aus ;-).

Wer ist Deine Zielgruppe?
Naja, vom Alter her habe ich keine Ahnung. Aber auf jeden Fall Personen, die Spaß dran haben mal was anderes zu lesen und einen Einblick hinter die TV-Kulissen kriegen wollen.

Wer hat Deinen Blog designt? Was hat das gekostet? Falls Du das Layout selbst erstellt hast: Wo hast Du gelernt, wie das geht?
Mein Blogdesign ist von mir selber, ich hab dafür also auch nichts bezahlt. Ich denke dafür muss man aber auch nicht viel können, vielleicht sollte man ungefähr wissen wie man mit HTML Codes umzugehen hat (was ich dann im Informatik-Unterricht in der Schule gelernt habe).

Welche Software und welchen Host benutzt Du? Kannst Du die weiterempfehlen?
Mein Blog ist auf Blogger gehostet und bin auf jeden Fall begeistert.

Welche Rolle spielen Fotos, MP3-Dateien und Videoclips auf Deinem Blog? Kannst Du uns ein Bild, das Du gepostet hast und gerne magst, zeigen?
Ich poste manchmal Videos von meinen Sendungen, weil ich immer ganz viele Mails kriege von Leuten die die gerne sehen. Auf www.dance24.tv kann man sich die auch angucken. Ansonsten gibt es zu jedem Post immer mindestens ein Bild zur Visualisierung!

Wieviele Leser hast Du? Wieviele hättest Du gerne? Ist das überhaupt wichtig für Dich?
Ich habe 261 Leser/innen und bin eigentlich zufrieden damit. Ich finde es schon, dass auch täglich mehrere Tausend Besucher auf meinen Blog kommen. Das ist viel wichtiger für mich, und wenn sich dann die einen oder anderen entscheiden mein Blog zu verfolgen freue ich mich immer tierisch. Das ist das beste Feedback!

Kann man bloggen lernen? Muss man viel über Computer wissen? Hast Du ein paar gute Tipps?
Bloggen muss man gar nicht lernen! Jeder hat seine eigene Vorstellung davon, und das ist das Besondere daran. Denn es wäre langweilig wenn alle Blogs gleich wären. Aber mit dem Internet sollte man sich schon auskennen, ich denke aber das wird nicht das Große Problem für viele sein.

Hast Du mit dem Bloggen auch schon negative Erfahrungen gemacht? Welcher Art?
Ein Glück nicht! Ich wurde Gott sei Dank von bösen Kommentaren und Ähnliches verschont. Ich finde aber auch, dass solche leute die das machen einfach sich um andere Sachen kümmern müssen.

Und hast Du mit Deinem Blog auch schon Geld verdient? Wenn ja, wie?
Ja mit Werbung ist mir das gelungen, außerdem schicken mir Firmen gerne mal Produkte die ich dann bei Gewinnspielen gerne an meine Leser verlose.

Benutzt Du auch twitter? Warum (nicht)? Worin siehst Du die Vor- und Nachteile von twitter?
Ja! Twitter hatte ich sogar schon bevor ich ein Blog hatte. So eine Youtuberin hat mal davon erzählt und da wollte ich das sofort auch ausprobieren. Leider benutze ich Facebook viel mehr, dort schreibe ich dann hin was ich mache oder denke, twitter wäre dann so doppelt gemoppelt :D

Welche(n) anderen frauengeführten Blogs kannst Du empfehlen? Warum?
Es gibt natürlich die berühmten, wie chic und schlau (http://chic-und-schlau.ch/), fashiontoast (http://www.fashiontoast.com/), fashionmonger (http://fashioonmonger.blogspot.com/) oder fashionhippieloves (http://fashionhippieloves.blogspot.com/). Diese Blogs lese ich einfach liebend gern, aber ich finde den Blog einer Leserin von mir sehr schon. Er heißt Discovery of the Unknown (http://discoveryoftheunknown.blogspot.com/), sie hat einfach immer wunderschöne Fotos die sie postet!

1 comment: