Sep 8, 2012

Female Yoga Bloggers

After having compiled a list of Yoga apps I like to use myself the other day, I would now like to introduce to you a couple of women who maintain Yoga blogs that I read regularly.
Photo Source: Damn Good Yoga
First, there's Megan of Damn Good Yoga. Like myself, Megan practices Ashtanga Yoga and often writes about her personal routine. Her blog is not necessarily directed at beginners, but rather at regular practitioners who will most certainly be able to relate to her journey and struggles. As far as I'm aware, her blog is one of a kind in the Ashtanga community. 
Another Ashtanga blog I enjoy is Laruga's PeaceLoveYoga. As an authorized level 2 teacher in the lineage (big deal in the Ashtanga Yoga tradition), her work frequently takes Laruga around the globe, from where she likes to update her readers. Check out this video of her explaining her profession.
Photo Source: Elizabth Antoinette
Then there's Anna  of Curvy Yoga who I introduced on GCB last year. Her mission is to prove that Yoga is for everybody, no matter what size or shape. Not only in terms of own body love, her blog is a true self-esteem booster.
I also enjoy Elizabth's blog and tumblr. She's a resident of Portland, Oregon, where she teaches Vinyasa Yoga classes and sells selfmade fashion items and accessories like scarves. Since she eats vegan, food and lifestyle are big issues for her also, which I like.  
And last but not least, there is Eco Yogini from Halifax, who describes herself as a "passionate ecoholic, yogini and feminist". Besides discussing topics from natural deodorant to how to eco-clean your Yoga mat, she also talks about everyday life in Canada. I like.

3 comments:

  1. Danke für die tollen Yogalinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerne! Freut mich, dass sie Dir gefallen!

      Delete
  2. I’m not that much of an internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back down the road prenatal class online

    ReplyDelete